Pointers to stay safe
1. Don't drive and job at the same time. It's not only illegal and can result in your phone being confiscated but can lead to serious accidents.
2. ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings to be sure you're not being targeted in any way. Being distracted and never-minded makes you a vulnerable target.
3. Don't venture into isolated and/or dark areas on your own. Rather stick with a group of friends/family as far as possible.
4. Don't, under any circumstances hand your device to anyone claiming to offer help, unless you know and trust them.
5. Avoid standing out on pavements/busy walk ways as far as possible. If the job can be done in store and requires a photo from the outside, take the photo and complete the other activities inside or away from heavy foot traffic.